Monday, May 16, 2011

Another Wine Country Tucker

Tucker No. 1037 at the
Francis Ford Coppola Winery
Regular readers of this blog may recall that when I visited Francis Ford Coppola's Rubicon Estate Winery in Northern California's Napa Valley in February 2011, I expected to see (but didn't) Tucker No. 1037 (although I was very pleased to see Coppola's Tucker No. 1014 instead).  Shortly after my visit, I discovered that No. 1037 had been moved to Coppola's other winery in nearby Sonoma County.  Since I was in that neck of the woods this past weekend, I stopped by to see No. 1037, which was feautured prominently in Coppola's Tucker: The Man and His Dream as a "stand-in" for the "Tin Goose" Tucker '48 prototype.  Tucker No. 1037 is the centerpiece of the Movie Gallery, a collection of movie memorabilia at the Francis Ford Coppola Winery near Geyserville, CA, about 90 minutes north of San Francisco, CA off US-101.

The pool at the
Francis Ford Coppola Winery
The Francis Ford Coppola Winery offers much more than just a tasting room and a home for Tucker No. 1037.  To quote Francis, it's “a wine wonderland, a park of pleasure where people of all ages can enjoy all the best things in life – food, wine, music, dancing, games, swimming and performances of all types. A place to celebrate the love of life.”  For me, it was also a beautiful and memorable setting to see my 21st Tucker!

(Post and photo credits: Kit Fox)

No comments:

Post a Comment